Fairtrade Fortnight is almost upon us - running from Monday 26th February – Sunday 11th March 2018. When Tokkie Bowman, a banana farmer visited Luton a few years ago, someone asked him why we should buy Fairtrade. His answer was simple and yet very deep! He said: “When you buy Fairtrade, you buy a little bit of humanity too”.
During the Fairtrade Fortnight 2018, Places of Worship can make or renew a commitment:
- Pledging to buy and use Fairtrade products for meetings and events etc
- Encouraging members to do the same in their individual households
What is Fairtrade?
We all know that Fairtrade guarantees producers and farmers a fair price for their produce and labour, which not only helps them stay in business, but also provides to support their families, education, healthcare and sustainable farming methods. Moreover, Fairtrade helps us to eat wholesome food, and not synthetic, artificially manufactured and chemically engineered food.
How can you further do justice during this Fairtrade Fortnight 2018?
HELP US RAISE £1000 FOR FAIRTRADE SUGAR & RICE!
You and/or your congregation/group are encouraged to donate any amount up to £50 or more, to help us meet our target collection of £1000. With this money, we shall buy Fairtrade Sugar and Rice to supplement a stock shortfall, especially of sugar, at the LUTON FOODBANK.
How to make your donation/contribution?
- Cheques payable to ‘GRASSROOTS’ and sent to 47 High Town Road, Luton, Beds, LU2 0BW
- BACS Transfer – The Cooperative Bank - Sort Code: 08-92-99 / Account No: 65797798
- Cash donations can be delivered (at the address above) or call 01582-416946 for a collection to be arranged!
THANK YOU for any support you can provide! Please download the above information in letter format here if needed.
For & on behalf of the Luton Fairtrade Steering Group