The Near Neighbours programme offers small grants between £250 and £5,000, as seed funding for local groups and organisations who are working to bring together neighbours, to develop relationships across diverse faiths and ethnicities in order to improve their communities.
Grants have offered funding to a broad range of work; environmental, social, cultural, artistic, and sporting, that furthers the programme’s aims of encouraging social interaction and social action.
Grants include the following criteria. Projects should:
- Bring together peoples of two or more different faiths and/or ethnicities, to build friendships and develop relationships of trust.
- Work locally. We want to see people who are living very locally (i.e. in the same street, estate or neighbourhood) come together.
- Work sustainably. We want to see long term and natural relationships grow, that will last beyond the period of funding.
- Work to improve the community. We want to see people working to make their communities a better place to live.
- Involve diverse people in planning and implementation. People from more than one faith group and/or ethnicity are involved in planning and implementing the proposal.
Grants are now OPEN so if you would like to apply, please download the criteria and application form. The deadline for applications is 17th Nov 2017. If you need some inspiration, check out some of our past Luton projects here!
For more information about the Near Neighbours programme please contact Kim Greig on 07930 601640 or email email@example.com.